Historic Prague Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
Join this 4-hour walking tour through Prague's historic Jewish Quarter. Explore the history of Josefov, which was once home to one of the largest Jewish communities in Europe and walk on streets dating back as far as the 10th century.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- 1 beverage
- Commentary in French
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide in the morning to tour Prague's Jewish Quarter Josefov in a 4-hour walking tour. Explore the intricate alleys that inspired Franz Kafka for many of his stories while he lived in Golden Lane (Zlatá ulicka) with his sister.
Your knowledgeable guide will tell you all about the history and tales of the Jewish Quarter. The district is best known for the legends of Rabbi Loew and Golem, a creature the rabbi made from clay to protect the Jewish people of Prague from during the 16th century.
Spend the second part of the tour wandering the intertwining pathways of the Old Jewish Cemetery and visit three of the most historically significant synagogues in the area -- Spanish Synagogue, Pinkas Synagogue and Klausen Synagogue (entrance fees included). Stop at a traditional local cafe for a relaxing beverage at the end of your tour.
Departure Point :Náměstí Republiky, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město, Czechia
Departure Time :10am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A moderate amount of walking is involve; comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.