Historic Village Herberton, Kuranda Village and the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Arrive at Herberton Historical Village at approximately 10am. Explore the Herberton Historic Village collection currently featuring over 50 original out house buildings with intact interior displays, original machinery and vehicles, plus thousands of antique items and period memorabilia. Next, visit Kuranda Village where you can enjoy a rainforest walk and take a scenic view of Barron River. From the art gallery to the different kinds of markets and boutiques there’s something for everyone; vibrant hand crafted silk and cotton clothing, to exclusive jewellery, locally made aboriginal arts and crafts and souvenirs made from crocodile and kangaroo hide. End your day aboard Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, a world first in environmental tourism taking you on an amazing experience over Australia’s World Heritage listed rainforest canopy and deep into the forest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coach tour
- Admission for Herberton and Skyrail cable car
- Entry/Admission - Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Entry/Admission - Historic Village Herberton
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, 6 Skyrail Drive, Smithfield, Queensland 4878 Australia
Seeing the oldest rainforest from the bird-view angel, pass by the Barron Falls and Red Peak station to learn about how rare is the rainforest to Earth and what it means to our humanity. This is the longest cableway in the world, built-in 1995, takes 10 months and without cutting any tree. This is the most expensive building cableway project nowadays.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Historic Village Herberton, 6 Broadway, Herberton, Queensland 4887 Australia
Back in the 1950s, many relics were being sold off for scrap metal. Old buildings were being condemned for demolition. Collector Harry Skennar had a vision – to preserve history for generations to come. He set about creating The Village back in 1973, bringing the first building, Elderslie House, onto the site beside Wild River.
Many more buildings and relics followed. Most of the dwellings met for the first time when they arrived at the Village from around the region during the 1970s. With the exception of the Tin Pannikin Pub, everything in the village dates from Herberton’s foundation years and almost all the buildings are as they were originally constructed. Regular maintenance keeps them sturdy and secure and in some cases, modern lighting, safety grills, screens, and steps have been installed for visitor's safety.
Beyond this, the buildings and thousands of original items displayed in and around them reflect everyday life in North Queensland as it was from the 1880s onward.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Cairns Airport, Airport Ave, Aeroglen, Queensland 4870 Australia
- Cairns Marlin Marina, 1 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- Yorkeys Knob Boating Club, 29 Buckley St, Yorkeys Knob QLD 4878, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.