Historical Bunkart Tour By Car Including Lunch
An in depth look at both BunkArt1 & 2, including lunch at one of Tirana's top new tourist destinations New Bazaar. Learn about the history of the communist rule and the rise of Albania against its enemies. All entrance fees are included and your expert local guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Traditional food
- Alcoholic Beverages - 1 drink with lunch
- All Fees and Taxes
- Admission Fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - BunkArt 2
- Entry/Admission - Pazari i Ri
- Entry/Admission - Bunk'Art 1
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: BunkArt 2, Rruga Abdi Toptani, Tirana Albania
We meet in Skanderbeg Square at 10.30am. First is BUNK'ART 2 which reconstructs the history of the Albanian Ministry of Internal Affairs from 1912 to 1991. The museum reveals the secrets of “Sigurimi”, the political police who acted as the harsh persecution weapon for the regime of Enver Hoxha. BUNK'ART 2 is the first major video museum exhibition dedicated to the victims of communist terror.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pazari i Ri, Shenasi Dishnica, Tirana 1001 Albania
New Bazaar. The name of the neighborhood stems from the grocery’s marketplace, which is situated in the area.
The market offers a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables grown locally in the surrounding areas of Tirana, fish and meat, regional Albanian wine and Raki. Many colorful buildings, restaurants and bakeries are surrounded.
After some time at the market we will enjoy a relaxed lunch at a local traditional restaurant. Food is available of a set menu and a beverage of your choice.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bunk'Art 1, Rruga Fadil Deliu, Tirana 1001 Albania
A short drive for the city center is the underground five-story bunker of spidery hallways and over 100 rooms. What was once intended to protect Hoxha and his cabinet in the event of a nuclear attack is now a mixed-use art and culture center, preserving an insight into the dark years under Hoxha’s rule.
Enjoy your time at leisure to view the inside living quarters and meeting rooms, staged as they would have been at the time, for Hoxha, his officers, and their soldiers. You will see evocative contemporary art, right alongside the stark fallout rooms and photographic displays. Tour ends with hotel drop off
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Tirana, Albania
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.