Historical Magnificence in Bago
Bago (also known as Pegu) used to be the former capital of southern Myanmar and within a short drive out of Yangon; it is hard to understand that this current town has been left untouched on the tourism path. Its abundance of religious sites and the remains of its former palace make Bago an appealing and simple day trip from the former capital. The great density of Buddha’s and treasure-filled temples or the ideal first stop when you leave the city behind when searching for centuries-old monuments that have been carefully restored to their former glory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Shwe Maw Daw Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Shwe Tha Lyaung Reclining Image
- Entry/Admission - Kyaik Pun Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Htauk Kyant War Memorial Cemetery
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bago, Bago, Bago Region
You will be picked up in the morning from your hotel for the drive to Bago (85 kilometres – 1½ hours), the former capital of southern Myanmar. Upon arrival, sightseeing in Bago starts with a visit to one of the Buddhist Seminaries, called Thamanay, where about 150 monks live and study. These schools are often seen as the only chance for the less fortunate to gain education and learn more about various subjects aligned with the teachings of Lord Buddha.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwe Maw Daw Pagoda, Pagoda Rd, Pegu, Myanmar (Burma)
. The tour continues to the Shwe Maw Daw Pagoda. Taller than its almost identical brother in Yangon, Bago’s Shwe Maw Daw Pagoda outshines in height the country’s most revered pagoda – Shwedagon Pagoda. Its 114-metre tall golden stupa can be seen from afar and is one of the most venerated in Myanmar.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwe Tha Lyaung Reclining Image, Bago, Myanmar (Burma)
After lunch at a simple local restaurant, you will continue sightseeing to the 55-meter long reclining Shwe Tha Lyaung Buddha, which is among one of the country's most impressive images.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kyaik Pun Pagoda, Bago Myanmar
Before heading back to Yangon, visit the four giant Buddha images at Kyaik Pun Pagoda, one of the other highlights of Bago and to gain a deeper understanding of the size from bygone eras.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Htauk Kyant War Memorial Cemetery, Yangon - Pyay Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
On the way back to Yangon a stop will be made at the Htauk Kyant War Cemetery, the final resting place for over 6000 Allied soldiers who lost their lives during the Burma and Assam campaigns of WWII. Situated in the small town of Htauk Kyant, some 30 kilometres outside Yangon, the cemetery is a serene place where soldiers from the British Commonwealth who died in Burma during the Second World War are laid to rest.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwenyaungbin, Myanmar (Burma)
Before we reach your hotel, we make a spiritual stop at a ‘Nat’ tree shrine. Located between Bago and Yangon, Shwenyaungbin Bo Bo Gyi Shrine (Golden Banyan Tree) is the spiritual home of the Burmese guardian spirits, called nats. Worshipped by many, this Buddhist spiritual belief is often connected with the presence of large trees.
We return in the late afternoon back in Yangon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon’s central business district hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees
- Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.