Historical Plantation House Tour at Ardoyne Plantation
Tour is of the unique Ardoyne Plantation Victorian Gothic home built in 1888 by LA Senator JD Shaffer on the 1838 plantation land which still grows sugarcane today. All contents are original family heirlooms and tour is given by descendants of the original owner. The Shaffer family still resides in the home. Come visit us and learn about plantation life and sugarcane growing along Little Bayou Black from 1838 to the present.
Bus & Group tours welcome! Large groups/bus tours must call in advance to schedule a tour time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Ardoyne Plantation
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from attraction
- Food and drinks
- Guide gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ardoyne Plantation, 2678 Highway 311, Schriever, LA 70395-3270
Our tour guide will meet you at the front door and lead you on a tour of both floors of the historical home telling you about bayou history, sugarcane growing, as well as, personal family stories and about filming movies at the plantation.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ardoyne Plantation, 2678 LA-311 bldg 1, Schriever, LA 70395, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes suggested
- A portion of the tour takes place outdoors
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchairs/strollers OK on first floor once up 5 steps. Ramp is currently under repair.
- 2nd floor only accessible by climbing 28 steps.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.