Historical Walking Tours of Carlsbad Village
This iconic beach town, located in North San Diego County, fully embraces California's laid back, “life’s a beach” mantra. Join us with an experienced personal tour guide on a 90 minute walking tour through history, beginning in the 1880s through today, to experience the evolution of this quirky and unique community. Enjoy scintillating stories, amusing anecdotes, and tales of some of the eccentric and wonderful personalities that helped shape the Village into the charming beachside community that it is today. Learn about the history of the famous alkaline mineral water, the founding fathers of Carlsbad, and the decades of depression , agricultural era, and highlights of the grand hotels. You might even hear a ghost story or two!
Along the way, we will introduce you to some of our favorite hot-spots, restaurants, and other exceptional local businesses located in the communities today. We can’t wait to explore with you!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
What's excluded :
- Join us in a 90 minute fun filled adventure to learn and "Stroll in the past and leap into the Future!" with Carlsbad and Encinitas.
Your tour guide will explore and explain the history of these two iconic cities, yet also point out shopping, restaurants, and places to visit in the city.
Carlsbad Tour Stops include: Tour highlights include:
• St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
• The Albert Cohn House
• Home of Luther Gage, Father of the Carlsbad Flower Fields
• Historic Twin Inns & secret speakeasy
• Carlsbad Mineral Water & Famous Mineral Water Hotel
• Magee Park
• Army Navy Academy
• Stroll down historic State Street
• Santa Fe Depot Visitor’s Center
Encinitas Tour Includes:
Tour Stops include:
• 1883 Encinitas School House
• “The Arks” – Famous Encinitas Boat houses
• The Landmark Derby House
• Downtown Encinitas/Historic Coast Hwy 101
• Daley Double Saloon
• La Paloma Theater
• D Street Surf SpotPlease plan on arriving 10 minutes prior to your tour time.
Departure Point :Living Clean and Healthy, 1380 1/2, Summit Ave, Cardiff, CA 92007, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.