Historical Walking tours of Downtown Encinitas
This iconic beach town, located in North San Diego County, fully embraces California’s laid back, “life’s a beach” mantra. Join us with an experienced personal tour guide on a 90 minute walking tour through history, beginning in the 1880s through today, to experience the evolution of this quirky unique community. Enjoy scintillating stories, amusing anecdotes, and tales of some of the eccentric and wonderful personalities that helped shape Encinitas into the charming beachside town that it is today. You might even hear about our amazing history of poinsettias, visit some the famous boat houses, and learn about the most famous surfing celebrities and surfing spots that shape our community.
Along the way, we will introduce you to some of our favorite hot-spots, restaurants, and other exceptional local businesses located in the communities today. We can’t wait to explore with you!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
What's excluded :
- Join us in a 90 minute fun filled adventure to learn and "Stroll thru the past, and leap into the Future!" in Encinitas.
Your tour guide will explore and explain the history of these two iconic cities, yet also point out shopping, restaurants, and places to visit in the city.
Encinitas Tour includes Tour Stop:
*1883 Encinitas School House
*" The Arks"- Famous Boat Houses
*The Landmark Derby House
*Downtown Encinitas/Historic Coast 101
* Discussion of history of Swami's ( tour does not stop there , yet history is explained)
* Daley Double Saloon
* La Paloma Theater
* D Street Surf Spot
We have some additional spots including Swamis Self Realization Fellowship and Moonlight Beach- both will be discussed.
Please plan on arriving 10 minutes before tour start time.
Departure Point :Encinitas Historical Society and 1883 Schoolhouse, 390 W F St, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Tour is approximately 1.5 mile distance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.