History & Hauntings of Salem Guided Walking Tour
Come and explore the rich, mysterious history of one of New England's most loved destinations. This nightly 120-minute walking tour brings to life the true story of Salem's storied past. We are a diverse groups of historians, teachers, professional and artists whose passion for Salem's history is truly engaging. You will learn about Salem's rich past as a world-class seaport, hear hauntedly chilling tales of the supernatural, visit one of the most beautiful streets in America and learn of three hundred years of architecture, and find out the truth about the 1692 Salem Witch Trials hysteria. You will leave Salem wanting to plan your next trip back! Come and see why this the only tour you while in Salem.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2-hour Hauntings & History Salem Walking Tour
- Professional Guide
- Hear hauntedly chilling tales of the supernatural and learn about the 1692 Salem Witch Trials
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salem Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Sq, Salem, MA 01970-3704
All tours depart from Salem's Old Town Hall, on the three steps. A local historian guides you through the cobblestone-lined streets of this 17th century city by the glow of lantern light. Explore the driving factors behind the infamous Witch Trials Hysteria of 1692, meeting real practicing witches along the way. Learn about the rise of Salem as a world-class haunted seaport, creating some of the wealthiest families in its history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Old Burying Point Cemetery, Charter Street, Salem, MA 01970
The night ends at the 1637 Burial Ground, the oldest cemetery in Salem and second oldest in the state.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Witch City Walking Tours, 32 Derby Square Outside on the Stairs, Salem, MA 01970-3704
Acclaimed as one of Salem's "must-do tours", this experience is suitable for guests of all ages.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Square, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Return Detail :The Burying Point, 51 Charter St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes and jacket recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Small group size - maximum 10 guests
- Umbrellas provided for rain/inclement weather
- Please Note: The Burying Point Cemetery is closed for the rest of 2020 for restoration work.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Per the Salem Board of Health, all guests over the age of 2 must wear a face mask at all times on the tour. The mask must cover your nose and mouth. Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot make any exceptions. Please contact the Salem Board of Health if you have further questions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.