History of Chesapeake Bay Sailing Tour
Learn about the maritime history of Baltimore and the Chesapeake Bay on this 1.5-hour sailing tour. Enjoy being on the water and listening to the history of Baltimore's role in the American experience. Sail back in time for an incredible voyage on this tour of Baltimore Harbor.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Choose the perfect sunny day for your tour around Baltimore Harbor. At 10:30, meet your captain and crew at Inner Harbor Marina, located at 400 Key Highway. Climb aboard and make yourself comfortable for your 1.5-hour sailing tour.
As you go out on the water of Chesapeake Bay, learn about the English settlers of the 17th century and about the two important revolutions that occurred in the bay: the American Revolution and the Industrial Revolution. Listen as your guide tells you about the transition of the area from a shipbuilding center to an important modern shipping port.
Enjoy being on the water and learning about the fascinating history of Baltimore and the Chesapeake Bay on this 1.5-hour sailing tour.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time for boarding. A crewmember will meet you at the marina. The boat does leave on time.
Departure Point :801 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230, USA
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.