Ho Chi Minh City and Cu Chi Tunnels Private Tour 1 Day
• Luxury buffet lunch
• War Remnants Museum
• Jade Emperor Pagoda
• Marvel at colonial architecture at the Notre Dame Cathedral
• Historic Ho Chi Minh City's cultural sites
• Guided exploration of ancient Reunification Palace
• Visit to historic 18th-century General Post Office
• Enjoy the lively atmosphere at the local market and travel down back streets
• Visit a vintage collection of military equipment
• Learn about Vietnam fascinating history
• Admire the Colonial-era architecture
• Learn the in-dept history of the war from Vietnamese sights
• Sightseeing villages, rubber plantations and rice paddies by local transport
• Experience what it was like living inside the tunnel system
• Gain insight into the tenacity and resourcefulness of the Vietnamese
• Go on a jungle walk in the tunnel area
• Crawl inside the tunnels
• Try cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years
• Chance to shoot the AK47, M16, M30, M60, Garand M1, Carbine (at your own expenses)
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Travel insurance ($5.000 USD/ case)
- Luxury buffet lunch
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Entry/Admission - People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City
- Entry/Admission - Cu Chi Tunnels
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Tips/ gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, Số 86 Lê Thánh Tôn, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 710212, Vietnam
To begin the day, we will pick you up at the hotel. Then we will take you to visit The Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the historic Central Post Office, and Jade Emperor Pagoda as final place to visit in Ho Chi Minh city. Before heading to Cu Chi tunnels – the hiding spots during war which are used by Viet Cong soldiers, we will have a rest and enjoy lunch in a restaurant.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Cu Chi Tunnels, Phu Hiep TL15 Phu Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
Built by local fighters during the Indochina conflict, the Cu Chi tunnels served as a base from which the Viet Cong could operate from close to the Southern Vietnamese capital. For this Ho Chi Minh city tour, leave the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City to explore one of the relics from one of the most significant local historical events in recent memory.
Journey takes 2 hours west towards the Cambodian border. Ongoing way to the Cu Chi tunnels, we can see local life in the area, both past and present. Learn about their lives, culture, and customs and get an insight into the recent past through local eyes.
Continue on to the Cu Chi tunnels. The location of the tunnels was of significant strategic importance: they are at the end of the infamous Ho Chi Minh Trail, and within striking distance of the southern Vietnam capital. Initial construction started in 1948 when the Viet Minh required somewhere to hide from French air attacks, and by 1965, the tunnel complex was estimated to consist of 200 km of tunnels. It included, hospitals, schools, meeting rooms, kitchens, and sleeping quarters. Life was difficult for the inhabitants, and to protect against outside intruders, booby traps were laid throughout the complex.
Today, the Vietnamese government has preserved approximately 75 km of the Cu Chi tunnels as a memorial park, and in some areas the tunnels have been widened and low powered lights installed so that tourists can now fit through the complex.
Your local guide will take you on a fascinating tour of the Cu Chi tunnels, where you will learn more about the conditions the people lived in, the hardships they faced, and the amazing ingenuity employed to maintain life in the tunnels. We walk past huge bomb craters - evidence of the heavy bombing campaigns in the region during the Indochina conflict, discover hidden entrances right beneath your feet, wander past tiny little chimneys in the ground that dispersed smoke from the underground kitchens, sample some of the simple cuisine that local fighters would have survived on, and have an opportunity to venture into the tunnels and explore the complex.
You will end this historical Ho Chi Minh City tour with a greater understanding of the local impacts of the conflicts of the 20th century. On the way back, we will drop you off at War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh Market or your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Ho Chi Minh City Opera House, 07 Đồng Khởi, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at your hotel which is located within district 1, 3, 4. Picking up at other districts might be extra charged.
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.