Hobart Small Group Wine Tour Sunday Afternoon: Wines, Gins & Cheeses
Terroir Wine Tours Tasmania is a family owned & operated company of Tasmanian locals. With our team members having held various roles throughout the hospitality, service, transport & coach industries over the last 20+ years in both Tasmania & mainland Australia, we have a unique & unequalled knowledge of both our guests service requirements & needs.
Led by internationally awarded Tasmanian Sommelier Damien Byrne, we are a dynamic & engaging company that puts our customer satisfaction first & foremost.
We will look at classic cool climate examples & what makes them like that + some classic & flavoured gins. So if you would like to travel around in the comfort & luxury of a small coach van with other like minded individuals with an extremely knowledgeable & experienced sommelier guide, then welcome. Plus did we mention that you could be part of the Tasmanian Sommelier Challenge (a unique blind wine game) just for a bit of fun. Plus we can ship your wine for you - if you buy too much!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local & Internationally Awarded Tasmanian Sommelier
- Tasmanian Wine Tasting @ Pooley Wines & Local Cheese Platter
- Tasmanian Wine Tasting @ Glaetzer Dixon
- Tasmanian Wine Tasting @ Derwent Estate
- Tasmanian Tailored Cocktail or Gin Flight @ Institut Polaire
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Chilled Bottled Still Water
- Entry/Admission - Glaetzer Dixon Family Winemakers
- Entry/Admission - Derwent Estate
- Entry/Admission - Pooley Wines
- Entry/Admission - Institut Polaire Cellar Door
What's excluded :
- No lunch provided on the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Brooke Street Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
We depart Brooke Street Pier (12 Franklin Wharf, Hobart) for all tours unless hotel/accommodation has been pre-arranged prior to departure. Please be @ this address 5-10 minutes before the departure time to ensure a smooth and timely departure.
Stop At: Glaetzer Dixon Family Winemakers, 93 Brooker Ave, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
One of the best change engines in the Australian wine making scene over the last decade, this producer seemly walks the tightrope of some crazy winemaking and-ultra classic wine styles. The Rêveur Pinot Noir means “dreamer” because of course the pinot dream is always just a dream! The names have a family connotation as you may know, and with the 2013 La Judith Shiraz simply being one of the best Australian shirazs I have ever tasted, I could swear i was tasting a La Meal Hermitage Syrah.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Derwent Estate, 329 Lyell Hwy, Granton, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7030 Australia
Simply one of the best producers of wines in Tasmania, it has flown under the radar for some time now. When you have a limestone soil structure though, it isn’t going to be a secret for long. Especially if you name your top wine - Calcaire (Fr. meaning Limestone). One of the consistently best chardonnays that comes out of Tasmania.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pooley Wines, 1431 Richmond Rd Belmont Vineyard, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
Belmont House Tasting Room. The Pooley family is Tasmania’s only 3rd generation family wine business, consistently winning major awards and trophies for their entire range, with their tasting room being located on the hill where all the stone for Richmond was quarried from, and I personally had a hand in planting some of the current Butchers Hill Vineyard. Their Margaret Pooley Tribute Riesling is a standout of the Estate. Up to 4 wines tasted.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Institut Polaire Cellar Door, 1/7 Murray St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
The bar / wine tasting room complex brainchild of 2 people that can only be described as pushing an avant garde style of minimal complexity, they produce wine, gin, bottled cocktails, bitters and who knows what’s coming next? With this as a primer, they have designed a unique cocktail for you to enjoy using their gin. Expect uniqueness - run if you see fireworks. This tour ends at this stop!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please be at Brooke Street Pier by 12:50pm if you have not requested to be picked up from your hotel or accommodation. This ensures that we will be able to leave on time for our destination.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.