Hol Chan and Turtle Garden Snorkeling Tour
Hol Chan Marine Reserve is located off the southern tip of Ambergris Caye. Mayan for “little channel”, Hol Chan Marine Reserve is doubtfully one of the most popular dive sites in the Caribbean, and indeed in Belize. The entire reserve focuses on a cut through the reef (called a quebrada) which is little more than 25 yards wide and 30 feet deep about 4 miles southeast of San Pedro. Hol Chan has burgeoned into a unique refuge, with vigorous coral formations and a richness of marine life. We will then head to the neighboring Turtle Garden, where you will snorkel or dive and be able to get up close and personal with ecstatic Sea Turtle and Southern Sting Rays. When you arrive, you will see the surface often boiling with rolling sharks and sting ray as they compete for the scraps. These creatures have a great tolerance for divers and snorkelers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Caribena Street, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye Belize
Hol Chan Marine Reserve is located off the southern tip of Ambergris Caye. Mayan for “little channel”, Hol Chan Marine Reserve is doubtfully one of the most popular dive sites in the Caribbean, and indeed in Belize. Hol Chan has burgeoned into a unique refuge, with vigorous coral formations and a richness of marine life.
Enjoy a nice cool 35 minutes boat ride from the port of Belize as you will be passing along the mangrove islands to your first stop which is the island of Caye Caulker, Belize city second largest island that has a breath taking view of the barrier reef. Where a 15 minutes stop to use the restroom and change of clothing. Then off to the Hol Chan that is a 10 minute boat ride away from Caye Caulker. A 45 minutes snorkeling with be taking place at the Hol Chan where you will be viewing the beautiful Coral reef and fishes, and then a 30 minutes snorkeling with Sea Turtle and Rays. After the Snorkeling is done, enjoy a snack and some amazing Rum Punch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Caye Caulker, Caye Caulker, Belize Cayes
While heading back to island of Caye Caulker where you will be having a beach break and also for you to get a meal. One stop will be made to the back of the island where you will be able to hand feed tarpon as a part of the tour. Then spend an hour on the island, and head back in Belize City where you will be drop-off at the port back.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :FORT STREET TOURISM VILLAGE, Fort Street Tourism Village, Terminal 1, Belize City, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
As you debark from your tender boat, please look for the Diamonds International store at Terminal 2. Walk through the store to the gate on Fort Street.At the gate, you’ll be met by a representative of Splash Wave Tours.Ports
- FORT STREET TOURISM VILLAGE, Fort Street Tourism Village, Terminal 1, Belize City, Belize
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms will not be allow on tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.