Holiday Hike Chicago-Style: Festive Food & Walking tour
There’s nothing more magical than downtown Chicago during the holiday season. Bobby’s Holiday Hike is a 3-hour guided walking and food tour through the Chicago Loop, brought to you by Bobby's Bike Hike, internationally recognized for tours by bike and on foot. You’ll get to sample the Windy City’s favorite winter treats; including a slice of deep dish pizza, hot apple cider or cocoa, German bratwurst, and the original chocolate brownie recipe. Add a VIP cocktail to boot. Our entertaining guides will get your holiday spirit primed with plenty of food and knowledge. Did you know Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was a story created in Chicago? You’ll see the fabulous Christmas window displays at the original Marshall Field’s department store, Chicago's city Christmas tree, the ice skating rink at Millennium Park, and the legendary Christkindlmarket, a traditional German Christmas Market. No other tour offers such an all-encompassing experience of Chicago during the holidays!
per adult from
What's included :
- Food samples
- Holiday attractions
- Local tour guide
- Holiday Cocoa or Cider
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (15-20% suggested, Venmo and PayPal available)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Millennium Park, 201 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601-6530
Meet your guide at 11:30 am at the world-famous Giordano's Pizzeria, where you will taste Chicago's unique and delectable stuffed pizza to kick off your holiday wonderland walking tour. Visit Millennium Park and gaze over the large outdoor ice-skating rink, flanked by the some of the most iconic buildings on the Chicago skyline. Watch hundreds of skaters twirl as they enjoy the free attraction. See the city’s official Christmas tree, loaded with spectacular ornaments and lights.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palmer House Hilton Historic Lobby, 17 E Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603-5608
Next, stroll down State Street where the lights, decorations and window displays dazzle.
Throughout your tour, you'll make stops for a variety of tasty treats, including a brownie sample at the Palmer House Hotel, where the chocolatey treat was invented! While inside the historic building, your guide shows you the magnificent interior architecture of this grand old hotel, where many famous guests have stayed since it opened in 1875.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Macy's on State Street, 111 N State St, Chicago, IL 60602-1659
Enjoy the Holiday decor
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Daley Bicentennial Plaza, 337 E Randolph Dr, Chicago, IL 60602-1305
Enjoy Christkindlmarkt in Chicago
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cloud Gate, 201 E. Randolph St. Millenium Park, Chicago, IL 60601-6530
Iconic Chicago attraction
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Millennium Park, Chicago, IL
Gorgeous open air amphitheater
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: The Art Institute of Chicago, 111 S Michigan Ave 159 East Monroe Street, Chicago, IL 60603-6110
Departure Point :130 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- All of our walking tours at the present moment do allow for ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible. But please note that sometimes our restaurants change and we cannot guarantee every restaurant will not include stairs of some sort which might make things difficult. But a majority of our stops should be ADA compliant.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.