Holy Island, Alnwick Castle & The Kingdom of Northumbria from Edinburgh
Explore the scenic coastal route between Edinburgh and the ancient kingdom of Northumbria. Visit Alnwick Castle, see Holy Island, taste some Mead brewed by monks and explore the magnificent poison gardens at Alnwick.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Lindisfarne Priory
- Entry/Admission - Lindisfarne Castle
- Entry/Admission - Alnwick Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lindisfarne Priory Museum Church Lane, TD15 2RX England
Spend time wandering through the ruins of its Priory where the magnificent Lindisfarne Gospels were produced, sample some of the world-famous Lindisfarne 'Mead' brewed by Monks on the island, and enjoy the tranquillity for which the island is renowned
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lindisfarne Castle, TD15 2SH England
Our first stop is Holy Island, connected to the mainland by a causeway which leads into the quaint island village of Lindisfarne, from where there are stunning views of Lindisfarne Castle, (which dates back to 1550).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Flodden Battlefield, Off the A697 Rd Branxton, Cornhill on Tweed England
If time permits during this journey there will be a stop at Flodden Field, one of the best preserved battlefields in Northern Europe and scene of the infamous battle of 1513 which ended in victory for the English and the death of James IV, King of Scots.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Alnwick Castle, Alnwick NE66 1NQ England
We continue south on to the bustling market town of Alnwick, whose greatest building is the medieval Alnwick Castle*. Enjoy time in the town centre or remain at the castle complex where there is something for everyone. Home of the Percy Family for over 700 years, Alnwick Castle is considered one of the finest castles in England and proudly known as “The Windsor of the North”. Visitors can step into the unexpected in the spectacular Alnwick Garden, with its wonderful Grand Cascade and Poison Gardens. It's grounds were also used in the Harry Potter films.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PE, UK
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.