Home cooked dinner with a local family in Tbilisi
A unique kind of food tour - visit a local family in the historic district of Tbilisi and enjoy a home cooked traditional dinner with them.
• Learn about the Georgian concept of supra - a traditional dinner with a lot of wine, beautiful toasts and of course the Georgian hospitality.
• You are invited to informally chat with the family and discover what it´s like to live in Tbilisi today, what is important and typical for Georgians and how they preserve their traditionsAfter the tour we invite you for a walk through the historical neighborhood of Marjanishvili and recommend you a few interesting spots for further exploration
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner with a local family - vegetarian and vegan options available on request
- A walk through the historical neighborhood of Marjanishvili / Plekhanovi
- Unique food and culture experience
- English speaking local guide to help you communicate with the family and understand the contexts
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off are not included - we have a central meeting and departure point
- Be a guest of a Georgian family - step into a typical Tbilisi house, learn about the everyday life and traditions of locals and taste real home made Georgian food.
You will have a chance to see some antique furniture and souvenirs from the past, learn about the supra - an essential concept of Georgian culture, make some toasts and of course ask your hosts about anything that you´re curious about.
The family doesn´t speak English, but you will have a local English speaking guide, who will translate for you and help you understand the context.
The dinner consists of traditional dishes, which can be vegetarian or vegan on your request, as Georgian cuisine offers a vast variety of vegan dishes due to the fasting requirements of the Orthodox church, which are still implemented by many Georgians.
After the dinner we continue the tour with a stroll through the traditional neighborhood where the family lives - here you can find some abandoned houses next to a modern bar, interesting street art next to a traditional bakery, a conceptual urban space next to an old church and one of the most beautiful pedestrian zones of Tbilisi.
Departure Point :Metro station "Marjanishvili"
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :Saarbrücken square or metro station "Marjanisvhili"
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.