Home-hosted Cooking Class: Cook and Eat with Bosnian family
Immerse yourself in our culture while on three-course dinner prepared by you, on a cooking class in a family home accompanied by traditional drinks: Bosnian coffee, homemade brandy, homemade juices, wine or beer.
The host will serve traditional Bosnian drinks to welcome you, and then share all of the secrets of Bosnian cuisine and its preparation. After a couple of laughs, your dinner will be served. You will have the opportunity to taste the most delicious traditional Bosnian cooked meals like stuffed vegetables (dolma), Bey's soup, Bosnian pot, homemade soups, klepe, varieties of local cheeses and smoked meat. You will finish the dinner with Bosnian coffee and you will have the opportunity to learn the traditional way of preparing it and enjoy a cup of strong coffee with oriental delights such as hurmašice or tufahija.
per adult from
What's included :
- Dinner - Three-course traditional Bosnian dinner with drinks in a local family's home
What's excluded :
- Experience real Bosnian tastes by dining with a local family in their home in Sarajevo. Not only will you get to enjoy a home-cooked meal but you will learn how food is prepared during a cooking class. Experience local culture through cooking and sharing a meal with people in their family home.
We offer you a unique experience: preparation of traditional dinner with a local family in Sarajevo to experience the authentic home-made Bosnian cuisine and friendly atmosphere in Sarajevo CIty of Love.
Besides enjoying authentic delicious food, and learning how it is prepared, an invitation to the home of a local will lead to insider travel tips, additional connections in the city, and friendship. Meeting not only the hosts but also the other visitor's hooks you up with likeminded people who share a love of food and travel. It’s as great for solo travelers looking for company as it is for families seeking new experiences.
Enjoy an evening away from the hustle and bustle of the city and feel like a local during your cooking class & dinner with the family, exchange some interesting stories about culture, history, food, and customs after your meal.
• Balkantina, Pehlivanusa 5, Sarajevo 71000 Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Meze - Several types of local cheese, smoked meat and some fruits.
• Bosnian pie - Traditional Bosnian pie
• Dolme - Traditional stuffed vegetables with minced beef meat and rice.
• Oriental sweets - Orientla sweet delight such as tulumbe, baklava, hurmasice, ruzice or tufahije.
Departure Point :Balkantina, Pehlivanuša 5, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.