Home staying experience
An overnight Experience is a unique opportunity to participate in the life of a rural Rwandan and her/his family. Home Stay hostesses live in homes made of mud or bricks, which usually have one larger front room for receiving visitors and a few smaller bedrooms for the family. In the enclosed area behind the house, there is an outdoor kitchen, enclosed pit latrine and bathing outhouse, animal stalls and family work space. Most host families have about four children at home. In Rwandan culture, guests are considered a blessing!
Your Home Stay Experience begins with a drive to a nearby village, where you and your BGE guide will be welcomed by your rural community hosts. This experience can be long or short depending on the guest's wishes and it is popular with students that are participating in abroad study programs,internships and researches.
per adult from
1 to 3 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Lake Burera and Lake Ruhondo
- The guest enjoy the stunning views of the 5 volcanoes overlooking Lake Ruhondo known for its birds spot.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from all hotels in Rwanda according to the guest’s choice and the transportation cost doesn't include in the price of theservice.We charge according to the area covered.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.