Hong Kong Erotic History Tram Tour
• Tour around the areas of Sheung Wan, Central and Wan Chai.
• Covers many must-go spots on the tourist guidebooks.
• Walking tour supported by tram when moving around different districts.
• Learning about the erotic history of the traditional tourist attractions and its present development.
• Understand how prostitution connecting to political and economic development in Hong Kong in 19th-20th centuries.
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guests are requested to prepare the tram fare (Octopus card recommended) for the debut run
- Why being sexual hunger is called “Ham Saap” (literally salty and wet) in Cantonese?
What was a “Beef Offal Lady”?
What was a “Protected Woman”?
What was the etiquette of engaging Chinese/western prostitutes?
How people flirted at Lan Kwai Fong a century ago?
In the old days, Hong Kong prostitution was not just about sex. It’s concerned about politics and economic development.
The “Hong Kong Erotic History” will tell you the stories of prostitution in 19th - 20th Century in a hop-on and hop-off tram tour. We will travel around the Possession Point, the Pottinger Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Wan Chai....the popular tourist spots but to learn about the dark history of its past. Since the tour covers the must-go spots on the tourist guidebooks, this is an idea tour for those who come to Hong Kong for the first time.
Departure Point :Sheung Wan Station, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Departure Time :7:00 pm
Return Detail :MTR Wan Chai Station, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.