Horse Carriage (Tonga) Tour In The Old City Of Bikaner
Located in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan, the walled city of Bikaner was the capital of the princely State of Bikaner. A wealthy merchant class built lavish havelis (mansions) with elaborately designed ornamental facades. Today over 400 of these mansions can be seen in Bikaner. Take a tour of the old city of Bikaner in a tonga (horse-drawn carriage) and see some of these heritage mansions. Also visit a 15th century Jain temple.
• Ride on a horse drawn carriage
• Beautiful facades of the Havelis of Bikaner
• Visit to Rampuria Haveli
• Visit to a 15th century Jain Temple
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Jain Temple donation cum entrance fee
- Horse carriage tour (tonga ride)
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Rampuria Havelis
- Entry/Admission - Jain Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Junagarh Fort Road, Bikaner 334001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Fort Junagarh where you will board a tonga for a tour through the narrow lanes of the old city.
The tour will take you past the richly carved facades of old mansions with large courtyards. The mansions are made of red sandstone and are designed in a mixture of Rajput and Mughal styles of architecture. The projecting balconies and the delicate lattice-work in stone are a sight to behold.
Stop At: Rampuria Havelis, Joshiwara, Bikaner 334001 India
Rampuria Haveli is the most beautiful mansion in Bikaner. Called the ‘Pride of Bikaner’ by the writer and philosopher Aldous Huxley it stands out for its grandeur, antiquity and exquisiteness. Constructed in the 15th century for a wealthy merchant of the area, this mansion made of red sandstone has an equally tasteful and well-appointed interior. The stone lattice work of the jharokhas (covered balconies) is a mesmerizing sight from the street below. The interiors have a seamless blend of Mughal era carvings to Victorian art forms.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jain Temple, Shivbari, Bikaner, Rajasthan 334001, India
Dholha Haveli (ride past)
Stop for a photo in front of the old Dholha Haveli. Continue your tour passing through colorful bazaars and watch the locals go about their chores.
Jain Temple (30 minutes)
The tour also includes a visit to the 15th century Jain Temple. The temple is decorated with rich mirror work, frescoes and gold leaf paintings. According to legend, 88 000 pounds of clarified butter was used instead of water to prepare the mortar for the foundation of the temple. Locals insist that the butter leaks through the walls of the temple on hot days. The temple is made of red sandstone and has beautiful paintings and yellow stone carvings on its walls. Visitors can climb up to the third floor of the temple for some panoramic views of the city of Bikaner.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in BikanerAirports
- Civil Airport Bikaner, At Nal Airport, Nal, Rajasthan 334001, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- The tour is not available during summers between 01 Apr - 30 Sep.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.