Horseback Ride to the Forgotten Jungle City
Saddle up and get ready for a horseback-riding adventure in Belize. Ride through the heart of the Maya Mountains to reach Minanha, the 'Forgotten Jungle City.' You'll have time to explore the ruins of this lost Maya city, check out a ceremonial cave, and enter secret chambers. Lunch is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- With your guide, depart San Ignacio for your tour to Minanha, where you'll arrive after a horseback ride through the Maya Mountains. Climb the ancient acropolis to stand where Maya kings once stood, and marvel at the hidden city's 38 structures that are now covered in jungle vegetation.
After exploring this 'lost' site, head to a place thought to be the entrance to the underworld — known as Xibalba to the Maya — and enter Isabella Cave to find burial chambers and broken artifacts left behind more than a 1,000 years ago. See large natural formations, and soak up the enchanting setting of the walls and ceiling as they glimmer with light from your headlamp.
If you get lucky on your exploration, you might catch a glimpse of the endangered white morpho butterfly and other wildlife.
Departure Point :Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: Comfortable riding clothing (long pants and a sleeved shirt) are recommended
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Please specify if you have any dietary restrictions at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.