Horseback Ride to Xunantunich Maya Ruins Including Traditional Lunch
A pleasant half day ride through the Belize rainforest on the banks of the Mopan River and through a private organic farm to the Xunantunich Archaeological site. This is a fabulous way to tour the Maya ruins and also enjoy watching wildlife along the riverbanks and in the jungle. A Belizean style lunch is included and you also pass through the little village of San Jose Succotz.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- National park fees
- Round-trip transfers between stables and San Ignacio town
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Ignacio, San Ignacio, Cayo
Our most popular tour activity is a pleasant half day horseback ride to Xunantunich.
The tour begins at the stables, a family-owned horseback riding establishment where over 45 horses call home. Your transportation to the stables from San Ignacio is included.
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
When you arrive, meet your local Belizean guide for the day and then mount your horses to depart!
The ride to Xunantunich includes a well maintained trail through a large private farm and along the banks of the Mopan River in the village of San Jose Succotz. You will cross the river on an ancient hand-operated ferry, and then ride your horse up to Xunantunich. When you arrive, prepare to dismount and let your horse rest while you can spend as much time as you desire exploring Xunantunich by foot. Afterwards, we will ride to the nearby Benny’s Kitchen for a delicious lunch of traditional Belizean dishes before returning to Hanna Stables.
Tour duration: 4-6 hours, depending on speed and desire to explore.
No previous horseback riding experience is required; riding helmets are supplied. Weight limit: 250 lbs (113.4 kg) per person.
Capacity: We can take single riders, couples, or groups of up to 15 people. There is no minimum amount of people needed to book.
Departure Point :Mayawalk Tours, 19 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups from all locations in Belize can be arranged. There may be an additional charge so please contact us if pick up is needed. Free pick up is available if your hotel is on route to the site. Departure Point for most tours: Downtown San IgnacioAddress: MayaWalk Tours Main Office19 Burns AvenueSan Ignacio TownCayo DistrictBelize, Central AmericaDirections: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize BankReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- All passenger heights and weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Weight limit: 250 lbs (113.4 kg) per person
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.