Horton Plains National Park : Private Guided Trekking Tour
• Horton plains national park visit and nature trekking.
• 5.30 am - You will be pick up from your hotel in Ella, Hapulate or Ohiya and transfer to horton plains national park.
• 6.30 am - Start nature trekking in horton plains national park, en-route visit Bakers waterfall
• Approximate 4 hours trekking.
• Enjoy refreshments after the trekking.
• Drop off
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Trekking in Horton Plains National park
- English speaking trekking guide
- Snacks and refreshments
- 1000 ml water bottle per person
- Entrance tickets to national park
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Government tax
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and tips
- Anything NOT mentioned under Inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Horton Plains National Park, Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka
Nature trekking in Horton Plains national park would be an amazing experience in your journey to Sri Lanka. Our team is well experience and expertise in nature trekking tours in Horton Plains national park. We will pick up you from your hotel in Ohiya, Haputale, Bandarawela and Ella and drive to national park. Our guides are well knowledgeable about Horton Plains national park and natural habitats of animals. So you are very lucky to spot amazing lovely moments of wild animals, specially endamic birds and mammels and reptile species . After the nature trekking you will enjoy refreshments with traditional hospitality and you will drop off to your hotel in Ohiya, Haputale, Bandarawela and Ella.
Best time to do nature trekking is 06:00 am
Horton Plains National Park in Pattipola is a protected area in the central highlands of Sri Lanka and is covered by montane grassland and cloud forest. This plateau at an altitude of 2,100– 2,300 meters (6,900–7,500 ft.) is rich in biodiversity and many species found here are endemic to the region. This region was designated a national park in 1988. It is also a popular tourist destination and is situated 8 kilometers (5.0 mi) from Ohiya, 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) from the world famous Ohiya Gap/Dondra Watch and 32 kilometers (20 mi) from Nuwara Eliya. The Horton Plains are the headwaters of three major Sri Lankan rivers, the Mahaweli, Kelani, and Walawe. In Sinhala the plains are known as Maha Eliya Plains. Stone tools dating back to Balangoda culture have been found here. The plains' vegetation is grasslands interspersed with montane forest, and includes many endemic woody plants. Large herds of Sri Lankan Sāmbhar deer feature as typical mammals, and the park is also an Important Bird Area with many species not only endemic to Sri Lanka but restricted to the Horton Plains. Forest dieback is one of the major threats to the park and some studies suggest that it is caused by a natural phenomenon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will pickup by your friendly guide at your door step. Please contact us via our website or whatsapp to further clarifications. Ella, Hapulate or Ohiya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring your all necessary personal stuff.
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Please follow health and government safety guidelines regarding COVID 19. Negative PCR test report required. Please contact us via whats app or website for any further assistance.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.