Houses of Goa- Chandor
We are in the city of Chandrapur which also happens to be the Oldest known capital of Goa. Picture the days gone by where it had armies, fortifications, battles and flourishing trade. Right from the Bhojas to the Silaharas, Chandor was a thriving settlement due to the connectivity that the river Kushavati provided to the travelers. The village is famous for the legend of the Queens curse that was brought upon the village as a result of treachery of the warriors of the kingdom. We will be exploring Chandor as it stands today speaking of its rich past and we meet the current generation of the family members of one of the most prestigious heritage homes in the village. Join us as we take a look at Chandor through its houses.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Snacks - Local Goan Snacks
- Guided Tour
- All Entry Fees and Taxes
- Soul Travelling Goodies
- Entry/Admission - Menezes Braganza House
- Entry/Admission - Fernandes House
What's excluded :
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Menezes Braganza House, Guddi - Chandor Rd, Chandor 403714 India
We get inside of the walls of this Majestic 500 years old house as we get to know more stories .
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fernandes House, Chandor India
Fernandes house in Chandor village is one of the oldest remaining palacios in Goa. Occupied by Sara Fernandes and her son Rajeev. The house has a decided air of elegance. The original house, which exhibits a Hindu Influence, was built some 500 years ago. The portuguese influence is noticeable in the portion of the house constructed in 1821 by the Fernandes family. There is a salon in the first floor of the building that is used for receiving guests. What distinguishes this house from others is its occupants to escape in case of an attack.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chandor, Chandor, South Goa District, Goa
Introduction of Chandor and the Houses will be done here
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Chandor Church, Villa Formosa, Chandor, Goa 403714, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.