Houston Museum of Science Death by Natural Causes Exhibit
Snakes. Spiders. Sharks. The things you fear are the least of your worries! The Death by Natural Causes traveling exhibit will introduce patrons to the range of “animal, vegetable and mineral” dangers that lurk in their everyday lives. Through a collection of specimens, text and interactives, visitors can see what can cause a death, either directly or indirectly, from the natural world. Customers should budget at least one hour to tour this 7,000 square foot exhibition. The Death by Natural Causes exhibit ticket also includes access into all four floors of the permanent museum exhibit halls such as the Hall of Ancient Egypt, Hall of Gems and Mineral, the all new Wiess Energy Hall, the 30,000 square foot Morian Hall of Paleontology, (the largest dinosaur hall in North America) and many more!
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - The Houston Museum of Natural Science
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: The Houston Museum of Natural Science, 5555 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030-1718
Death by Natural Causes, features a wide variety of live animals, real poisonous vegetation and a collection of minerals that the world has never seen (and lived to tell the tale).This special exhibition provides visitors with an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to discover what drove Van Gogh mad, why tomatoes were deemed inedible 500 years ago and many things that are far more likely to kill you than sharks. Encounter live deadly animals up close and personal, such as the Mojave rattlesnake, the snake with the most potent rattlesnake venom. Come face to face with the giant Japanese hornet and its ability to kill more than one honey bee every two seconds. Learn about the Radium Girls: women who were employed to paint glow-in-the-dark ink on wristwatches, only to die from radiation poisoning due to the radium in the ink. Resist the temptation to eat the Amanita mushroom, the very plant responsible for approximately 95% of all mushroom-related fatalities. It turns blood acidic. It causes jaundice. It causes widespread cellular death. It isn’t very pleasant, and requires quick, clever and intense medical care to treat effectively. Come see Death by Natural Causes, and explore so many more of the deadliest aspects of this world we share—you’ll be truly surprised at the danger that lies waiting behind every corner. This exhibition offers a free audio guide which can be operated via one's cellular phone. The exhibit is open everyday Monday - Sunday 9:00A.M. - 5:00 P.M. and is located on the 3rd floor adjacent to the Hall of Ancient Egypt.
Departure Point :The Houston Museum of Natural Science, 5555 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030-1718
Departure Time :6/2/2020 - 1/3/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 175 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.