How to Pick a Crown: a Special Tour in the Imperial Treasury
The crowns and sceptres, gowns and flags in the cases of the Treasury are the witnesses and participants of the most important historical events in Europe. However, they are more than just that. These historical artefacts are the best guide in the world, showcasing how the decorum of power is created (also today), which is the focus of this tour.
The history of coats of arms, rules of decorum, and traditions will become clearer for you. You will find out where the two-headed eagle ‘flew’ from, why the colours of power haven’t changed for three thousand years now, and why those who bear a crown never leave the palace without headwear.
Historical regalia incorporates the values of the society. If the values are changeless, the regalia is where it belongs. If those values change, the regalia is sent to museums, such as the Imperial Treasury in Vienna, where they can tell us a lot about both their time and ours.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Art Historian guide
- Museum admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Imperial Treasury Vienna
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Imperial Treasury Vienna, Hofburg, Schweizerhof, 1010 Wien, Austria
One of the most important collection of historical artifacts in Europe including the regalia of the Holy Roman Empire.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Departure Point :Imperial Treasury Vienna, Hofburg, Schweizerhof, 1010 Wien, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.