Howler Monkey Sanctuary Shore Excursion from Belize City
Come hop on a comfortable vehicle on a 30-mile ride from Belize City, passing through the beautiful and relaxed rural areas. The Black Howler Monkeys of Belize are very unique—the country is the only place in the world where these specific monkeys are viewable in a unique conservation setting that prioritizes education and research. The sanctuary is not a zoo, and you'll see these monkeys in their natural habitat of the Belize Rainforest.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Community Baboon Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The Community Baboon Sanctuary is located 30 miles northwest of Belize City and is a unique conservation effort bringing together 8 villages to protect the population and habitat of Belize's Black Howler Monkey, affectionately called "baboons" by the locals. The sanctuary consists of approximately 20 square miles along the Belize River and embodies a combination of dense jungle, pasture, farmland, and small village life.
The Howler monkey tour starts with a drive through the old capital Belize City, then onto to the northern highway to the “cut off” of Burrell Boom Village. Here you will then travel to the village of Bermudan Landing passing through scenic eco systems. While travelling along the narrow Boom road you can spot the monkeys in the trees. Upon arriving at our final destination, we’ll gear up to hike some trails where we will be viewing the monkeys in the trees in their own habitats. The sanctuary is not a zoo, and you'll see these monkeys in their natural habitat of the Belize Rainforest.
Departure Point :FORT STREET TOURISM VILLAGE, Fort Street Tourism Village, Terminal 1, Belize City, Belize
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- FORT STREET TOURISM VILLAGE, Fort Street Tourism Village, Terminal 1, Belize City, Belize
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.