Húsavík walking tour
Húsavík's best spots and some hidden gems, starting from Húsavíkurkirkja, the iconic wooden church built in 1907, and then moving to Skrúðgarðurinn, the attractive town gardens where the bubbling Búðara flanks the winding path and small wooden bridges criss-cross the brook.
Other locations visited are the oldest house ever built in Iceland, by Swedish explorer Garðar Svavarsson in winter 870, and a panoramic viewpoint over the harbor, the heart of the town in the past which even nowadays, in a different way, the core of the local community.
hile walking, history, culture and folklore emerge, unusual local tales and fun facts are told. This walking tour is the perfect starting point in one of the 3 town museums (Whale Museum, Exploration Museum or Safnahús) or in the warm waters of GeoSea, the natural thermal baths on top of the cliffs with a magnificent view over Skjálfandi Bay.
per adult from
60 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Certified Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Husavikurkirkja, Gardarsbraut s/n, Husavik Iceland
Brief visit of the iconic town church
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Garðarsbraut 5, 640 Húsavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Anywhere else in Husavik, upon request.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.