Huertas Neighborhood Food & Market Tour
The phrase “like a local” is popular these days—this is the real deal. We’ll show you a neighborhood that, though just a few minutes from the bustling city center, feels a world away. Here you can see how locals really live and shop every day, and today you’re one of them. Walk through a traditional market and marvel from a distance? Nope, we’ll be speaking with the vendors and making purchases—and that’s just the beginning.
- Taste your way through a traditional market, meet its vendors and hear their stories.
- Forget the big names and try the churros and chocolate that locals prefer.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the center and experience a lesser-known corner of the city.
- Support local, family-run eateries, from bakeries to market stalls and tapas bars.
- Discover a side of Madrid you wouldn't see on your own and feel like a local for a day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small-group tour (maximum 12 guests)
- Food tastings (enough for breakfast and lunch)
- Wine tastings
- Expert local culinary guide
- Our Devouring Madrid guide, packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa González, Calle del León, 12, 28014 Madrid, Spain
On to the next stop! At this specialty deli that’s been open since the 1930s, you’ll enjoy a gourmet cheese and wine tasting.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chocolat Madrid, Calle de Sta. María, 30, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Start your morning off with freshly-fried churros and thick, homemade Spanish hot chocolate at a spot that most madrileños don’t even know about.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Los Gatos, Calle de Jesús, 2, 28014 Madrid, Spain
We’ll weave through the colorful neighborhood streets, which by now will feel like your own, to our next stop. Here, we’ll wrap up with the one element of Madrid’s food we haven’t tried yet: tapas in a historic bar packed with personality.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: MOEGA Empanadas y pan gallego, Calle del León, 26, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Next, meet the young entrepreneurs behind one one of only a handful of traditional, natural bakeries that are retelling the story of bread in Madrid. Here we’ll try a traditional snack and pick up a loaf to go.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mercado de Anton Martin, Calle Santa Isabel 5, 28012 Madrid Spain
Now it’s time to visit one of Madrid’s traditional markets, where neighborhood residents still come every morning to pick up ingredients for that day’s lunch. You’ll be one of those shoppers today as we visit our friends who work here and taste their products, from cured ham to olives to seasonal fruit. And that bread we picked up earlier? It’ll come in handy here, where some Spanish olive oil is calling its name.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pandepi (Manufacturas del Pan), Plaza Jesús, 5, 28014 Madrid, Spain
And since we couldn’t end without something sweet, we’ll pop into a bakery down the road for one last bite.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Barrio de Las Letras, Plaza de las Cortes, 28014 Madrid Spain
In between delicious food stops explore one of Madrid's most historic neighbourhoods - former home to famous writers, lined with cobblestone streets and packed with local, family-run businesses.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Plaza de Santa Ana, Plaza de Sta. Ana, 28012 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Plaza de las Cortes, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Non-eating children under 5 years old do not require a ticket
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Available for vegetarians, pescatarians and gluten free with prior notice
- Not recommended for vegans
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Tours require a minimum of just two people to operate
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our top priority is to keep our guests, guides and tour partners safe.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Devour Madrid Food Tours