Humantay Lake Day Hike (Small Group or Private)
*Small Group Experience* (max 8 trekkers) This full-day trek will take you and a small-group to Humantay Lake, nestled along the famous Salkantay trek. Hike to one of Peru's most magical lakes and be surrounded by the impressive Salkantay and Humantay Peaks while gazing at unbelievable turquoise water.
Enjoy a hot breakfast prior to getting to the trail head, snacks for along the way, a wonderful lunch prepared by a chef in a dining tent with table and chairs, private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco, a fluent English speaking guide, and all proper first aid and emergency oxygen to ensure a safe journey.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small Group Experience* (max 8 trekkers)
- Professional FlashpackerConnect guide (English and Spanish)
- Breakfast at a local restaurant
- Lunch prepared by a chef (local Peruvian food is prepared, and drinks such as teas and coffee)
- Snacks for the trek
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Cusco)
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Water (bring 1 liter per person)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Humantay Lake, Cusco 08002 Peru
Your day starts in Cusco where you are picked up from your hotel between 3am and 3:30am for a 3 hour trip via private van to the start of the trail. You will be given a local Peruvian style breakfast prepared by a chef and fuel up for the hike ahead of you.
Your day starts in Cusco or the Sacred Valley region where you are picked up from your hotel between 3am and 3:30am for a 2.5 hour drive to the village of Mollepata, located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River. Here we will enjoy breakfast in a local restaurant before we start the trek to Soraypampa.
We travel along a photogenic path called the “Camino Real,” as we gain altitude. After reaching the tiny village, where few amenities exist, we continue for another hour and a half, ascending 1,200 feet in just 2 miles up a steep path. After conquering the last hill, we will gaze down on a turquoise lake below, which is surrounded by steep peaks and an impressive glacier.
The hike is dominated by Salkantay Peak, one of Peru’s most sacred mountains, towering 20,600 feet with a sheer and snowy face. The equally impressive Humantay Peak, rising 19,412 feet, is also within view. Shamans and other natives will often give blessing when reaching the crystal-clear waters of Humantay Lake. Once we reach the lakeshore, we relax, enjoy a snack, go for a swim (if you are brave!) or give thanks to Pachamama (Mother Earth). When you are ready to hike back down, we will descend to Soraypampa and have lunch while enjoying the breathtaking panoramic views of the snowy peaks. We drive back to Cusco (or the Sacred Valley) drop you off at your hotel.
NOTE: This is a challenging day of hiking. Hikers should be reasonably fit, and spend some time in Cusco to acclimate as the hike takes place over 4200m (13,000ft) and is about 7 kilometers (5 miles) in length. We recommend guests have at least 2-3 days of acclimation.
Pick up time is between 3am and 3:30am, please be waiting in your hotel lobby at 3am and keep a lookout for the van. You may want to bring a pillow and blanket to get some extra sleep during the van ride (these can be left in the van while you hike). If you are prone to motion sickness we also recommend taking something to help with this.
Duration: 14 hours
Departure Point :Cusco, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
All travelers will be picked up from their hotel in Cusco. Pick up window is 20 minutes from the beginning of the pick up time.
Departure Time :3:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our team has worked extremely hard to learn and enforce all guidelines concerning the spread of Covid-19 and other sicknesses. We look forward to sharing these beautiful attractions in a safe way for all our guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.