Humpback Whale Watch in Kona
Drawing on years of experience, our captains and crew will take you to view the humpback whales as they migrate. As we search for these beautiful creatures in the tropical waters off the coast, our crew will share their knowledge about these fascinating creatures, how they live and their role in the ocean’s ecosystem. Seeing these larger-than-life whales is truly magical and can be a life-changing experience.
Recommended for ages 5 and up.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Snacks, beverages and bottled water
- Naturalist guides
What's excluded :
- Please bring your own towel, reef safe sunscreen, jacket, camera
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kailua-Kona, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Board one of our sleek, powerful, twin-engine, rigid hull inflatable vessels to search for and observe the seasonal migration of the Humpback Whales along with some of their year-round cousins – Pilot Whales, Beaked Whales, Melon-headed Whales, and others that are regularly found along the Kona coastline.
Your adventure focuses on finding these magnificent mammals and spending quality time with them, by observing, photographing, learning, and listening to their song and other vocalizations using our underwater hydrophone system.
This 2.5-hour adventure does not include getting out of the boat or swimming to observe the whales. But it's the perfect opportunity for those who love the ocean and all its wonders. Adults, children, families and friends of all ages and abilities will enjoy together one of nature’s grandstand most elegant creations.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :78-7138 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Departure Time :12:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- Recommended for ages 5+
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.