Hungarian Wine Tasting (with Cheese and Charcuterie) in Budapest
Enjoy Hungarian wine, cheese, and charcuterie on this 1.5-hour tasting experience in Budapest. Led by a professional sommelier, get an annotated tasting featuring five top-notch Hungarian wines paired with a selection of the country’s best artisan cheese, charcuterie, and artisan bread. Mark your favorites on a provided tasting sheet.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Includes 4 kinds of cheeses, 4 kinds of cured meats and 5 glasses of wine
- Professional sommelier
- Tasting sheets for notes and a map of the Hungarian wine regions
- Fresh artisan bread and mineral water are also included
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- Stop At: Tasting Table Budapest, Budapest, Cellar entrance, Bródy Sándor u. 9, 1088 Hungary
Meet at the 19th-century vaulted wine cellar tasting room in central Budapest at 3pm for your 1.5-hour tasting experience. Led by a professional sommelier, learn about the resurgence of the art of cheese making in Hungary after the end of the Communist era. Taste four cheeses sourced from the country’s finest artisan cheesemakers. Savor a selection of four cured meats acquired straight from the farmers, including mangalica pork sausages, free-range water buffalo salami, smoked duck breast, and gray beef sausage.
Stop At: Taste Hungary, Brody Sandor utca 9 Cellar Entrance, Budapest 1088 Hungary
In this annotated tasting, hear about the artisanal cheese and charcuterie revival in Hungary while tasting some of the country’s best examples. Sip five generous glasses of great wine made from indigenous Hungarian grape varietals, including rare local wines.
Come away with a delicious understanding of Hungarian wine, cheese, and charcuterie.
• Cheese & Charcuterie Board (with local specialties)
Departure Point :Tasting Table Budapest, Budapest, Cellar entrance, Bródy Sándor u. 9, 1088 Hungary
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tasting is approximately 1.5 hours.
- The legal drinking age is 18 in Hungary, so anyone aged 18 and above is welcome to participate
- Vegetarians are welcome, but please let us know in advance (so we can prepare alternatives)
- Seating is at communal tables in our tasting room
- Our tasting room is not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.