Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
Leave the bustle of Sydney and spend a relaxing day in the beautiful Hunter Valley on a guided wine-tasting tour in Australia’s oldest wine producing region. Enjoy a delicious lunch paired with wine, take a private tour of a vineyard, and savor tastings at several wineries. Learn about the wine making process from your experienced guide and have the option to sample locally crafted beers. Finish the day at the Roche Estate, where'll you have free time to explore the shops offering Australian cheeses and gourmet delights.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Experienced local guide
- Three wine tastings in Australia's oldest wine-producing region, the Hunter Valley
- Enjoy a lunch made of local produce and paired with some of area's best wines
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (at selected Sydney hotels only)
- Sample some of the region's best cheeses at the Smelly Cheese Shop
- Entry/Admission - Leogate Estate Wines
- Entry/Admission - Hunter Valley Resort
- Entry/Admission - McGuigan Wines
- Entry/Admission - Roche Estate
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Leogate Estate Wines, 1693 Broke Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Enjoy a private wine tasting experience at Leogate Estate Wines, which produces trophy-winning wines such as Chardonnay, Semillon and Shiraz, and learn of local wine-making techniques
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hunter Valley Resort, Hermitage Rd &, Mistletoe Ln, Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia
Visit Hunter Valley Resort, where you can walk among the vines and learn about the wine-making process and the key role the resort plays in this region
• Enjoy lunch made with local produce, while you sample some of the area’s best wines
• You’ll also have the chance to purchase a beer tasting paddle from the on-site brewery
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: McGuigan Wines, 447 McDonalds Road Corner of Broke & McDonalds Roads, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
The McGuigan family are respected pioneers of the industry and at their cellar door you’ll be greeted warmly and welcomed to a tasting of their fine wines
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roche Estate, Corner Broke & McDonalds Road, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
Finish the day at Roche Estate, where you’ll have free time to explore the shops offering Australian cheeses at the Smelly Cheese Shop and gourmet delights plus coffee, gelato, craft beer and cellar doors (own expense).
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list during the booking process. Your hotel pick-up time will be displayed on your voucher. If you wish to change your pick-up location from the one selected, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the drop down list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol.
- Guests that require a wheelchair are welcome on our tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle. Wheelchairs will be stored under the vehicle whilst in transit. If travelling with a wheelchair, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure your wheelchair can be accommodated.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- If travelling with an infant that requires a stroller, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure the can be accommodated.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.