Hunting the Northern Lights from Murmansk
We start for hunting the Northern Lights from Murmansk, the Kola peninsula of Russia.
Our tour takes place in the Kola Peninsula of Russia. Since we are located above the Arctic Circle we have Northern Lights 7 months per year.
We start on tour from Murmansk. In the city there are a lot of city lights which bother to observe the Northern Lights, that’s why we go away from the city.
We define the date and place of the trip in advance and coordinate it with you. To get the tour you need to contact us to agree on the date of your arrival.
Upon arrival to Murmansk you are booked in a hotel and in the evening we pick you up from your accommodation and deliver to the «hunting» place. At the end of the program we drive you back to the hotel.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Local expert guide (English-speaking)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kola Peninsula, Russia
The Kola Peninsula is a peninsula located in the extreme northwest of Russia. The peninsula makes up the majority of the territory of Murmansk Oblast, and is situated almost entirely within the Arctic Circle. The Kola Peninsula is bordered by the Barents Sea and the White Sea in the north and southeast, respectively. The most populous city in the peninsula is Murmansk, which has a population of approximately 300,000 people.
Pass By: Murmansk Oblast, Murmansk Oblast, Northwestern District
Murmansk is the largest city in the Arctic and an important Russian naval base and commercial port. Unlike Arkhangelsk on the White Sea, its harbor does not freeze in winter. It was the last city founded by the Russian Empire. In World War II, known to Russians as the Great Patriotic War, Murmansk served as a port for the arctic convoys, and after the war became the Soviet Union's most important submarine base. This history provides a major reason to visit the city, museums and port.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guide service: Our guide will pick you up at the hotel and take you back when you are done with the tour.Transport: a car for a group up to 3 people, a minibus for 4 and more people
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.