Ice Cave Tour
Our best seller Ice Cave Tour! A short tour that allows you to experience the stunning blue caves of Vatnajökull, the biggest glacier in Europe. On this tour we venture to one of the more accessible ice caves for an encounter with ancient blue ice.
The conditions of the ice caves are constantly changing. During the warmer summer months the ice caves are being formed by melted glacier water. In autumn each year we start looking for ice caves. Being a local company, we began searching for ice caves in 90’s and our speciality is finding the very best ice cave available.
The Ice Cave Tour is our easy option, as our trusted super jeeps take us very close to the ice cave, meaning minimal walking. This trip suits most people and is perfect if you have a packed schedule or if you are worried about arctic winter weather. The super jeep journey to reach the cave is an adventure on its own. Once we reach our destination you will have time to experience a beautiful blue Ice Cave!
per adult from
150 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Local and Professional Glacier Guide
- 4x4 Super-Jeep Transfer
- Spikes and Helmet
- Supporting a Small Local Company
- Carbon Neutralised Tour
- Visit to the Blue Diamond Ice Cave
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Breiðamerkurjökull, Iceland
We will meet you at the meeting location, before heading on Super Jeep transfer to the base of the glacier and then up to the ice cave. You will not have to walk far to enter the ice cave, but once there you can enjoy the gorgeous blue ice.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Jokulsarlon, Jokulsarlon, East Region
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Please come in warm and waterproof clothing and good hiking boots.
- Your safety is of the utmost importance. Ice Cave tours are weather dependent. Sometimes tours have to be cancelled with short notice due to weather conditions or safety concerns or. After periods of adverse weather, the caves can become flooded or unsafe to enter. If this happens we will always do our best to offer an alternative such as a glacier hike if weather conditions allow, however if this is not suitable we will also always offer a full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.