Ice Climbing Adventure - Beginners
Experience the adventure of Ice Climbing in Northwest Ontario with Outdoor Skills And Thrills!
This outing is suitable for all skill levels but is tailored to beginners. No need to worry about having your own gear, all the technical equipment is included. For participants who have little to no experience, we start you off with the basics and work your way up from there. You’ll also learn a variety essential safety skills and climbing techniques making sure that you’re confident and comfortable before going up a frozen waterfall. For climbers who already have experience on ice, we double check you know your stuff and then get you going right away, offering up tips and tricks along the way to help take your climbing to the next level.
Rise and Shine, It's Time to go Climb!
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Climbing Equipment Rental (Mountaineering Boots, Crampons, Ice Axes, Helmet, Harness)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Climbing Guide
What's excluded :
Once we arrive to the parking area at the climbing site:
-Gear is distributed to each climber
-Waiver forms filled out & submitted
-Hike to site
*Hike-in times vary depending on which location & which climb at that location:
(Thunder Bay: 15-35mins, Orient Bay:5-20 mins, Kama Bay: 10-45mins)
Talking About Site Safety and Equipment
-Objective hazards discussed
-Helmets to be worn at all times
-Equipment explained, fitted to each person, and secured.
-How to climb – basic techniques to get started
-How to come back down safely – proper lowering techniques on ice
Climbing Time and Skill Building
-Get to try it out with your first climbs!
-Using your crampons efficiently
-Ice axe placements
-Belaying + Communication Essentials
Lunch: On your own time whenever you please
More Climbing Time and Skill Building
-Group progressively learns techniques to climb more efficiently on the ice;
customized to each individual’s experience level
-Learning advanced techniques to climb more efficiently
-Learn about ice formation and ice conditions
Last Climbs of the Day
Tear Down, Clean Up, and Pack Up
Hike time back to the parking area for departure
Departure Point :Tim Hortons, 534 ON-11 #17, Nipigon, ON P0T 2H0, Canada
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.