Ice Climbing and Glacier Hiking Day Trip from Reykjavik
The ever-changing glacier has spectacular scenery and perfect locations for a day out ice climbing. Your day tour offers a variety of difficulty, from easy ice climbing to more difficult steep walls. Your day tour is focused on climbing as your group travels towards a suitable climbing location with exciting stops on the way. Informative glacier hiking is joined together with ice climbing in a small group of no more than 4 participants to create the perfect mix in Iceland. Your tour includes round-trip transportation to and from your accommodation in Reykjavík.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified AIMG Glacier Guide
- Private transfer
- Mountaineering boots
- Technical glacier equipment
What's excluded :
- Personal outdoor clothing
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Begin your day with pickup from your accommodation in Reykjavík. Please note that it can take about 20 minutes to pick everyone up. Then, relax on your 2-hour journey along the spectacular South coast with ash mountains, waterfalls, and volcanos. There will be a stop along the way for lunch and a short break (own expense).
Once you reach the final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier, gear up at parking lot and start the hike to the glacier. Work your way through the crevassed world of ice until your group finds a decent spot for climbing. During the ice climbing session, you will learn the basic movement of ice climbing receiving feedback to improve your skills. Explore different locations during the day so you have the opportunity to try out different levels of difficulty. Between climbing sessions, your guide will introduce you properly the glacial wonder world. After about 4 hours on the ice, make our way back to the parking lot.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Skógarfoss, Iceland
From there, you will have a 15-minute drive to Skógarfoss waterfall for a short scenic stop. The ones with some energy left can climb up to enjoy magnificent view of the waterfall from above. Afterwards, drive back to Reykjavík aiming to be at your hotel between 6pm and 7pm.
Departure Point :Sólheimajökull glacier parking lot, Sólheimajökulsvegur, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise your shoe and jacket size for your free of charge gear at check out in the special requirements box or contact the local tour operator directly after booking
- Minimum age is 14 years
- A minimum of 2 adult's per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.