On the guided ice fishing trip, we will head out by snowmobile sled to the frozen fjord to test our fishing luck
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
Fishing is the way of life for a lot of people in Norway, and its also a precious leisure activity for even more, both summer or winter.
Especially winter ice fishing is popular, and around easter time, when the weather gets milder, you may see locals on skis and snowmobiles all over the mountain lakes, rod in hand, fishing for trout, char, perch or pike.
Now YOU can take part in this ancient northern tradition. On a winter travel to Norway, ice fishing should definitely be on your schedule!
Your fisherman guide will drill a hole through the thick ice, as you prepare your fishing gear. Sink your line down through the fjord ice and wait for the bite. Will this be your lucky day?
In the fjord there are numerous types of fish, we have even caught salmon! But the most common catch is cod - Norways number one fish, and as important to economy as oil or hydropower.
In a land that is frozen for half the year, we must often resort to serious measures to catch our food.
Departure Point :Snowhotel Kirkenes | Gamme Northern Lights Cabins, Sandnesdalen 14, 9910 Bjørnevatn, Norway
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.