Ice Fishing and Northern Lights Tour from Fairbanks
- Watch the Northern Lights dance across the sky (360 degree view)
- Enjoy the opportunity to photograph the Northern Lights for everlasting memories
- Drill through ice with an auger to reach lake water
- Experience more about Alaska and subsistence living
- Licensed and experienced fishing guides
- Hot beverages
- Fishing gear
- Fish bait
- The tour guide can grill your fresh caught fish directly at the fishing hut. (Only if you catch something and it is not guaranteed.)
- Fishing license
- Pick up and drop off
Note: We cannot guarantee the Northern Lights sighting.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- warm ice fishing hut
- fishing gear
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Chena Lake Recreation Area
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (please ask us about recommendations)
- Fishing License (can be purchased at a supermarket or online)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chena Lake Recreation Area, Laurance Rd 3.5 miles to entrance from junction of Mistletoe Dr., North Pole, AK
Come on out and meet us on the Chena Lakes for an unforgettable experience. Combine 2 of the most famous things to do in Alaska during the Winter time. Watching the Northern Lights and Ice fishing.
Ice fishing is more than just a way to fill a long winter night. It’s wonderful to breath the cold, clean winter air, to spend quite time outside and to relax away from the hustle and bustle of our normal days. Let our experienced fishing guides help you, to make this adventure memorable. After drilling through the ice with an auger to reach the lake water, you will be able to warm up in our cozy ice fishing hut. After a short "how to" briefing, you are ready to start fishing and get your chance to catch your midnight snack.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions about Alaska and subsistence living, the Northern Lights and anything you would like to know. Enjoy some hot chocolate/tea or coffee and get some great chances to see the breathtaking Northern Lights dance across the sky.
Our guides are all experienced and licensed, local and absolutely love what they are doing and love sharing their knowledge with the world.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, North Pole, AK 99705, USA
Departure Time :10:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- To be in compliance with the CDC and the State of Alaska: We recommend that guests provide their own face masks and hand sanitizer. We also urge you to review the updated Health Mandate 10.1 regarding interstate and international travel at www.covid19.alaska.gov/health-mandates/.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.