Ice Trekking Cagliero Glacier
Accompanied by our best mountain guides, we invite you to enjoy this new trekking program. Exploring dream forests, we feel climbers with all the security of a “Via Ferrata” and walk us on the centenary ice of the Cagliero Glacier. Undoubtedly, this unique program immerses us like no other in deep and unexplored Patagonia.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Harness, crampons, helmets, gloves
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
We start at 8 am with pick up at your hotel.
We moved to “Los Huemules Reserve”, located 16km from the town.
The trail runs through fascinating Lengas forests within a reserve
Little visited. We will enjoy the unusual view of the Fitz Roy, its north wall. We continue the path through the forest (1 hour), until bordering Laguna Diablo through an easy and irregular terrain, until we reach the Via Ferrata (security system for scalding).
Approximately after 1: 30hs of ascents and descents, we arrive at the Mirador of the unexplored Cagliero Glacier (950 m.s.n.m), which thanks to its orientation and the accumulation of snow from the Neumayer, Cagliero and Loma del Diablo hills is preserved.
A short walk will take us to the front of the glacier and to our base domes. Here the
Guides equate us with crampons to start the hike on the glacier. Depending on the conditions of the ice and the passengers, the stay on the glacier will be 2 to 3 hours.
You will have lunch before or after the ice trek, in the domes, and then begin the return by the same route.
At the entrance of the Reserve the transfer will be waiting (5.30 pm). Return to Chaltén.
• Los Huemules, El Chalten Argentina
• Cerro Fitz Roy, El Chalten Argentina
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For reconfirmation you can approach San Martin 56 - El Chalten or contact us by whatsapp at: +54 9 249 462-6852
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.