Icebreaker cruise offers a 3 hours journey in the frozen water of Bothnian sea in Lapland.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- During 3 hours you will be a witness of a massive ice breaking power of the vessel, have a guided tour all the way down to the engine rooms and all way up to Captain’s bridge. Tour is available on 16 languages via audio guide application and includes 11 min movie in icebreaker cinema about icebreakers all over the world.
Icebreakers are needed in the northern parts of Baltic Sea for 4-6 months in the wintertime. They are crucial for local economies, without them imports and exports would be much more difficult and expensive. Also passenger traffic on ferries between Finland, Sweden and Estonia rely on them.
You can relax in the cosy saloon, enjoying warm juice or go for walk on the frozen sea ice during the stop. The icebreaker makes a pool free of ice and every visitor may take a swim in the dark icy water in flotation survival suit.
The captain will present Cruise & Swim Certificate to everyone as a memorable gift. This is just the cruise without transfers.
Departure Point :Båtskärsnäs, Sweden
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is no age limit for participating in cruise, children of all ages are welcome on board!
- FROM FINLAND
- Kemi 73 km
- Rovaniemi 168 km
- Ivalo 450 km
- FROM SWEDEN
- Kalix 23 km
- Luleå 98 km
- Kiruna 330 km
- You can make your way to Axelsvik port in Båtskärsnäs in your own car or bus and park it in the port, free of charge during the cruise.
- For Morning Cruise 10:00 -13:00 09:30 - 10:00 Boarding 10:00 - 13:00 Icebreaker Cruise 13:00 - 13:30 Disembarking For Afternoon Cruise 14:00 -17:00 13:30 - 14:00 Boarding 14:00 - 17:00 Icebreaker Cruise 17:00 - 17:30 Disembarking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.