Icebreaker tour from Rovaniemi
Icebreaker tour from Rovaniemi offers 3 hours cruise in the frozen water of Bothnian sea in Lapland.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Local guide
- Transport by coach
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- During 3 hours you will be a witness of a massive ice breaking power of the vessel, have a guided tour all the way down to the engine rooms and all way up to Captain’s bridge. Tour is available on 16 languages via audio guide application and includes 11 min movie in icebreaker cinema about icebreakers all over the world.
Icebreakers are needed in the northern parts of Baltic Sea for 4-6 months in the wintertime. They are crucial for local economies, without them imports and exports would be much more difficult and expensive. Also passenger traffic on ferries between Finland, Sweden and Estonia rely on them.
You can relax in the cosy saloon, enjoying warm juice or go for walk on the frozen sea ice during the stop. The icebreaker makes a pool free of ice and every visitor may take a swim in the dark icy water in flotation survival suit.
The captain will present Cruise & Swim Certificate to everyone as a memorable gift. We will pick you up from your centrally located hotel in Rovaniemi.
Departures from Rovaniemi
( For morning cruise 10:00 - 13:00 )
06:40 from Arctic Tree House hotel
06:45 from Santa Claus Holiday Village
07:00 from Santa Claus hotel
07:05 from Rovaniemi train station
10:00-13:00 Icebreaker cruise
13.30-14.15 Transfer to lunch restaurant
17:15 Rovaniemi train station
17:20 Santa Claus hotel
17:40 Arctic Tree House hotel
17:50 Santa Claus Holiday Village
( For afternoon cruise 14:00-17:00 )
09:40 from Arctic Tree House hotel
09:45 from Santa Claus Holiday Village
10:00 from Santa Claus hotel
10:05 from Rovaniemi train station
13:30-13:40 Transfer to Icebreaker cruise terminal
14:00-17:00 Icebreaker cruise
19:45 Rovaniemi train station
19:50 Santa Claus hotel
20:00 Arctic Tree House hotel
20:10 Santa Claus Holiday Village
Departure Point :1: Arctic TreeHouse Hotel, Tarvantie 3, 96910 Rovaniemi, Finland
2: Santa Claus Holiday Village, Tähtikuja 2, 96930 Rovaniemi, Finland
3: Santa's Hotel Santa Claus, Korkalonkatu 29, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
4: Rovaniemi Train Station, Ratakatu 3, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is no age limit for participating in cruise, children of all ages are welcome on board!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.