Iceland Private Glacier Tour
We take pride in offering the highest possible standard of experience here in Vatnajökull National Park which is why we specialise in private and custom expeditions.
Private tours are the best tours, hands down. When taking a private tour we have complete flexibility to provide you with the exact experience that suits your style, on your clock.
Discover the beauty of Iceland’s largest glaciers and highest volcanoes with professional guides that focus on providing the highest possible standard of experience.
With safety as the highest priority at all times, Glacier and Volcano Expeditions always endeavour to take their guests to the most interesting, beautiful and photogenic locations whilst also being on the lookout for new features that the glacier regularly creates.
per adult from
What's included :
- Glacier safety equipment: Crampons, Harness, Helmet, Ice Axe, Ropes
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Hiking Boots, Wet Weather Clothing, Warm clothing, Gloves
Would you like to have complete flexibility to create the exact glacier experience that suits your style of adventure?
Glacier hiking on blue ice, professional photography, film making, ice climbing, visiting an ice cave (season and conditions dependent) luxury excursions, catering for people with specific needs such as families with small children or people with disabilities are just some examples of our guiding specialties which will require a private booking.
Glacier and Volcano Expeditions are lucky to have the opportunity and ability to guide our tours on several different outlet glaciers within Vatnajökull National Park so we will always choose the most suitable glacier to guide each day. We are a small company with a simple structure so we have the flexibility to easily change plans as conditions change. Should you have any special requests for your private tour (such as an easy family friendly glacier tour) we can adapt the tour itinerary and visit the most suitable glacier to do our best to accommodate.
• Vatnajokull National Park, Vatnajokull National Park, East Region
Departure Point :Freysnes, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.