Iceland Super Saver: Puffin Cruise plus Whale-Watching Tour from Reykjavik
Get up close to Iceland’s majestic wildlife on this Reykjavik Super Saver that combines a 1-hour puffin cruise and a 2.5- or 3.5-hour whale-watching tour for a discounted price. Choose which days and in what order you wish to take the tours, then wrap up warmly and head for the harbor. Glide around the rocky shores of Akurey island and watch enchanted as puffins nest and dive into the sea for food. Then, on the whale-watching tour, set off through Faxaflói Bay in search of minke whales, humpbacks and more.
The 9:00 departure begins with a 3-3.5 hour whale watching tour followed by the Puffin Express.
The 10:00 departure begins with an express 2-2.5 hour whale watching tour followed by the Puffin Express.
The 12:30 departure begins with the Puffin Express, followed by an express 2-2.5 whale watching tour.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Free Wi-Fi on whale-watching cruise
- Warm overalls on whale-watching cruise
- Binoculars on the puffin cruise
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Puffin Express Cruise to Akurey from Reykjavik (1 Hour)
Select your choice of departure time, then after hotel pickup, board a comfortable boat for your cruise to Akurey, an island off the coast of Reykjavik that is known for its puffin population.
On board, snuggle up in one of the provided blankets and listen as your guide shares fascinating facts about the puffins that nest on the island between May and August. As you draw closer, peer through a pair of the boat’s binoculars for a closer look at these seabirds as they dive into the sea for food. You may also spot northern fulmars, gulls, Arctic terns and black guillemots.
After 15 minutes, arrive at the rocky shores of Akurey. Circle around the island for more observation time, then let the peace and quiet wash over you when the captain turns the engines off.
Your tour then concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Whale-Watching Tour from Reykjavik (2.5 or 3.5 Hours)
Choose from a leisurely 3.5-hour cruise or an express 2.5-hour high-speed boat version, then begin with a hotel pickup. Hop inside a comfortable transfer vehicle and travel to Reykjavik’s Old Harbor, where you’ll board your luxurious, whale-watching boat.
Find yourself a spot on deck and pull on a pair of provided overalls to shield you from the cold, then listen as your guide explains what species of marine life you can expect to see during your cruise.
As your boat breaks away from land, look out for harbor porpoises, white-beaked dolphins, minke whales and humpback whales. With 90% whale-spotting success, this Faxaflói Bay cruise provides a fantastic chance to see whales. In the unlikely event that you don’t spot a whale, you will receive a complimentary ticket for another boat ride.
If you feel cold during your cruise, make for the cozy inside viewing area, where you can defrost with hot chocolate, coffee, tea and snacks (own expense). After 2.5 or 3.5 hours, your experience ends with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Please note: You can choose to take the tours on the same day, or across separate days during your Iceland vacation.
Departure Point :Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Warm clothes recommended
- Please note: You will need to reconfirm your cruise times with the supplier, refer to voucher for further details
- Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 100 people, so capacity has been adjusted accordingly. Masks must be worn during both of the tours. Please respect the 2 meter social distancing while checking in and queuing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.