Icelandic Horse Experience - Stable Tour and Ride
If you would like to experience the Icelandic horse both in terms of riding and information, but doesn’t feel like going on an outdoor ride, this is the option for you. It’s a perfect pick on a bad-weather day, for families with smaller kids but also for anyone who might just prefer an indoor arena experience.
You will receive both cultural, historical and characteristic information on the Icelandic horse as well as enjoy the change to interact with them in the stable. Furthermore, the ride in the arena will give you a chance to really make use of your instructor and gain new riding skills while having fun. Since we specialize in small groups, there will be plenty of space for all riders in our big arena and if someone might prefer to watch, there is space on the tribune.
Finish off the tour in our cafeteria with a hot drink.
We are located 1 hour drive south of Reykjavik.
Age limit: 10 years
Weight limit: 110 kg/242 lbs
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Helmets, gloves, buffs and/or overall
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Free photos
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from the farm
The tour starts with an informative tour around our light and spacey stable, where your guide will tell you about the Icelandic horse, the specialties, our farm, the history, the culture and answer any questions you might have. You are free to take pictures and pet the horses as much as you like. Afterwards, you might get the chance to see one of our horses in training and here your guide will explain the different gaits and the training of the Icelandic horse. Then, your guide will prepare horses for your ride and take you for a riding session in our arena where you will be instructed, helped and taught according to your level. The session will include small games and exercises on horseback and the duration of the ride is appx. 20 mins. Afterwards you are invited to our warm cafeteria where you can enjoy a hot drink and talk about the Icelandic horse.
Departure Point :Skeidvellir, Landvegur, Iceland
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.