Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Cruise from Reykjavík
The perfect combo for animal lovers! Two great activities packed into a day of fun - one on land and the other at sea! Devote a day to Iceland’s animal life, both at sea and land, on this 8-hour experience from Reykjavik. Head for a stable outside the city and enjoy a 1.5-hour ride on a sturdy Icelandic horse. As you follow an expert guide, cross rugged moors and farmland on established riding trails, and stop to admire the scenery and snap photos on route. Afterward, enjoy a 3-hour whale watching cruise and search for humpback and minke whales, dolphins and porpoises in Faxaflói Bay — just don’t forget your camera!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced and knowledgable guides
- Free WiFi on board boat
- 3 hr. whale watching
- 1,5-2 hr. horse riding
- Warm clothing on both tours
- Necessary safety equipment
- Entry to wildlife exhibition
- Entry/Admission - Hotel Eldhestar
- Entry/Admission - Elding Whale Watching
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hotel Eldhestar, Ölfus, Iceland
1-1.5 hr. horse riding in the hardened lava fields of Hveragerði, the town of hot springs. See the beautiful landscape while you enjoy a lovely ride on the Icelandic horse!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Elding Whale Watching, AEgisgarour 5, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Enjoy a 3 hr. whale watching tour in Iceland's biggest bay. Encounter minke whales, dolphins, porpoises and humpback whales and take in the breathtaking landscape on the way.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :ELDHESTAR, Völlum, 816 Sveitarfélagið Ölfus, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup from hotels in the Reykjavík area.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Elding Whale Watching, Ægisgarður 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please dress warmly for both activities
- In the case of non-sighting tours you will be given a complimentary ticket to use on another boat ride
- In the case of cancellation due to bad weather conditions you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- Please note that to take part in the horse riding element of the tour, travelers must weigh less than 240 pounds (110kg)
- This is a full day tour with no meals included. You can purchase light refreshments on board whale watching tour or pack your own lunch.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Efforts are made to invite passengers to stay 2 meters apart from others whenever possible, but guests are asked to wear a face mask during the tour for their own safety. You can purchase a mask in our ticket office before departure. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.