Icelandic Horse Riding and Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
Combine an Icelandic horseback riding tour and high-speed whale watching cruise on a day trip from Reykjavik. Suitable for all abilities, the experience starts with a 1.5-2 hour ride through moors and lava fields on the sturdy Icelandic horse. Enjoy free time for lunch at Reykjavik Old Harbor, and then board an express boat to speed across Faxaflói Bay to the whale watching sites in super-fast time. Look for whales, dolphins and porpoises and more!
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide on both tours
- Use of riding helmet, rubber boots, and rainwear/warm clothing during the ride
- Use of warm overalls during the boat tour
- Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate after your horse riding tour
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- Free ticket to try again if nothing is seen on your whale watching tour!
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless otherwise stated)
- Hotel transfers (available for an additional fee - please contact supplier directly).
For the first part of this combo tour you will join a guided horseback riding tour with Íshestar. You can select optional hotel pick-up for an additional fee (2.500 ISK per person) to be picked up from your hotel and dropped off to your whale watching tour, or you can meet directly at the stables. After the horse riding tour you will set sail from the Old Harbour for your whale watching adventure.
• Special Tours, Geirsgata 11 Reykjavík's Old Harbour, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
• Hafnarfjordur, Hafnarfjordur, Capital Region
Departure Point :Ishestar Horse Riding Centre, Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnarfjörður, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up for the horse riding is available from all hotels and guesthouses in Reykjavík for an additional cost of 2.500 ISK per person. Please contact supplier if you would like to purchase pick-up.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in a variety weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed - if there are no sightings on your tour you will receive a complimentary ticket to try again on the next available day!
- Hotel pick up: please contact supplier directly to confirm pick-up details if you would like to purchase hotel transfers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 100 people, so capacity has been reduced accordingly. Masks must be worn by passengers during the tour. Please respect the 2 meter social distancing while checking in and queuing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.