Icelandic Sagas and Volcanic Cave Private Tour
Explore Víðgemlir volcanic lava cave, Iceland’s largest volcanic Cave on this 11-hour tour. Departing from Reykjavik, make stops at the Settlement Centre in Borgarnes, Icelandic Museum of Agriculture, Deildartunguhver hot springs, and Hraunfossar waterfalls on the way to the Cave.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch buffet at Husafell Bistro
- Private tour to Húsafell and back
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your tour begins at 9:30am at your hotel or other accommodation in Reykjavik where your guide will pick you up. From there, drive under the Hvalfjordur Fjord to your first stop, the Settlement Centre in Borgarnes.
Enjoy coastal views with mountains in the backdrop as you drive inland from the coast to the highlands.
Make stops at Deildartunguhver hot springs and Hraunfossar waterfalls before stopping in the small town of Husafell.
Located in the highlands region, Husafell is the staging post to the basecamp at the foot of Langjökul glacier. Take time to stretch your legs and enjoy the included lunch buffet.
Experience the full size of the mighty cave Víðgelmir first hand. Enter the cave using the aid of our all-new walkway. At its end
we leave the civilised cave worldbehind and venture on. This part of the cave has seen few visitors from the time it formed about 1100 years ago.
Deep inside the cave are extremely well kept stalagmites and stalactites. Getting there how ever takes time! Through boulder fields and rugged terrain we seek out the rarely seen depths of the cave. These rock formations are very delicate and thus are not found in caves that have had many past visitors as many caves have seen damages done to them. It’s a pristine environment frozen in time, so tread lightly.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at any accommodations in the capital area.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Caving Duration: 1,5hrs
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, it can get cold in the cave.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.