Icelandic Whales & Northern Lights from Reykjavík
This magnificent combo tour unites some of the most popular winter attractions in Iceland!
You start the day with a 3 hr. whale watching tour at 13:00 with departure from the Old Harbour in Reykjavík. The most common species seen in Faxaflói bay in winter are the minke whales, dolphins, porpoises and humpback whales. The views and landscape on the horizon are not to be missed as they are astonishing in the winter glow!
The 2 hr. magical evening cruise departs at 21:00/22:00 (depending on the season), taking you into the Southern part of Faxaflói bay, away from the bright city lights. Heading out into the open bay under the vast starry sky is a wonderful experience and the northern lights are something you don't want to miss!
per adult from
What's included :
- Two tours (3 hr. whale watching & 2 hr. northern lights cruise)
- Sighting guarantee (or come again another day free of charge)
- Access to Wildlife Exhibition
- Excellent Live Commentary in English
- Link to Pictures Taken by Crew (if any)
- Use of Warm Overalls and Blankets
What's excluded :
- Food & Drinks (available to purchase on board)
- Pickup / Dropoff (can be arranged for a fee)
On this combination tour, you will start with a Classic Whale Watching tour in the afternoon and join our Northern Lights Cruise in the evening. A package deal at a great price! This combo includes some of the most popular excursions in Reykjavík!
Departure Point :Ægisgarður 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 13 years of age are required by law to wear life-vests for the duration of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Efforts are made to invite passengers to stay 2 meters apart from others whenever possible, but guests are asked to wear a face mask during the tour for their own safety. You can purchase a mask in our ticket office before departure. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.