Icy Strait Shore Excursion: We're going on a bear hunt!
When porting at Icy Strait near Hoonah this is a shore tour ashore you will not forget. Lets go on a bear hunt, this four hour tour offers you the chance to see brown bears, Sitka black-tail deer and other wildlife up close in the natural picturesque beauty of the last frontier.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Icy Strait Brewing, 286 Front Street, Hoonah, AK 99829
National Geographic have named the area as the "Bear Island", this tour offers you the highest concentration of bears in the world at 1-2 brown bears per square mile. To get the most from your tour ashore this is offered as a small group tour making it more enjoyable.
The Island offers ten different kinds of edible berries along with a stunning view of a muskeg, viewing an old growth forest, and possible chances of viewing the king of the island: brown bears. Using information on current bear movements, their feeding habits, and the temperature throughout the day, there are short stops at key points to scope out an amazing view of these captivating creatures.
Our well renowned guides will share information about the area and the Tlingit Native population. During the tour you are pretty much guaranteed to see a host of other wildlife that are quite often spotted during our tours, including mink, marten, bald eagles, sea birds, red squirrels, otter, beaver, ducks, and Sitka black-tail deer. So be sure to bring your camera.
Please note: Wildlife sightings can never be guaranteed. However, this tour can re-position quickly, and there is a much higher chance of sightings with our small group tour than any other slow moving large tour groups.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
A 5 minute walk from the cruise tender pier (details will be provided with your voucher)Ports
- Icy Strait Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/1/2021 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.