Imperial Parks of Peterhof & Catherine Palace with Amber Room
Catherine’s Palace in the Tsar’s Village ranks as one of the masterpieces of world art. The palace tour takes you through the series of magnificent rooms, including the famous Picture Gallery, the Great Hall and the world famous Amber Room. The parks of the estate add to the splendor of the palace! In Peterhof you’ll proceed to the magnificent gardens of the Lower & Upper Park to admire the numerous fountains, statues and pavilions.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional & licensed private guide
- Private transportation in a comfortable business class car
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Park And Gardens of Peterhof
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Park And Gardens of Peterhof, Razvodnaya st., 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg Russia
Start your tour with a local guide picking you up from your centrally located hotel. You will be provided with complimentary city maps, bottled water, rain coats (in case of rain) and farewell gifts. Join your local guide for a scenic drive through the glittering city of St. Petersburg and finally arrive in Peterhof - the kingdom of fountains.
Upon arrival at Peterhof, you’ll marvel at its stunning yellow exterior and gilded and marble statuary seeming to frolic in the fountains and gardens. You will see where Peter the Great observed his nascent navy performing maneuvers. Stroll the gardens (Lower & Upper Parks) and delight at the lavish fountains, designed by Peter the Great himself. The most spectacular—the breathtaking Grand Cascade—is in the lower gardens. It depicts Samson prying open a lion’s jaws as water jettisons in the air around him and pools cascade down the terraced steps from the palace behind.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Catherine Palace and Park, Sadovaya St., 7 Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
After a short lunch break continue your tour with a scenic drive to the town of Tsarskoye Selo, or “Tsar’s Village,” home of the Palace. Upon arrival, follow the Great Staircase to the lush staterooms on the first floor, where the interior’s baroque and neoclassical brilliance shine. Admire the opulence of the Great Hall, lined with mirrors, gilded carvings and 12 glittering chandeliers. Pause to take in the Amber Room, once described as the “Eighth Wonder of the World” for the shining amber panels lining its walls. Later, there will be time to stroll the gardens, totaling 1,400 acres of manicured grounds with a tranquil lake at its center. As you explore, you’ll see the impressive Hermitage Pavilion, which provided a private place for royalty to dine with guests and visiting diplomats.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.Airports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a sample itinerary. The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museum's days-off, traffic situation in the city. Catherine Palace also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice. Supplier will rearrange the itinerary accordingly so that all venues can be visited.
- Although tickets are pre-booked with skip-the-line entrance there may still be a slight delay (10-15 minutes) in entering the museums during busy periods (May-August). It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museums at the same time.
- All travel agencies use the same type of special pre- purchased skip-the-line tickets (vouchers) which allow don't waste time on buying entrance tickets directly on-site. Many museums have special arrangements (VIP entrance) truly without any lines through a special entrance but the price for such service is higher. Please request VIP entrance if entrance without any lines is very important to you.
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a person with a wheelchair decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist in boarding/disembarking the vehicle, and entering the restrooms and restaurant, and all sites. At certain locations a wheelchair person may not be able to exit the bus, and may have to stay inside the bus.
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 3 days before the tour
- Visit inside the Grand Palace in Peterhof is not included
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.